Laser Hair Removal in Dallas, TX
Dallas Laser hair removal uses a concentrated beam of laser light to remove unwanted hair from specific parts of the body.
It involves directing a laser device that emits light energy to the treatment area. The light energy is absorbed by the pigment in the hair and converted to heat which destroys the hair follicles, making the hair in the hair follicles begin to fall out.
It is used to remove unwanted hair from specific parts of the body such as the chin, upper lips, armpits, legs, and bikini lines.
How do you prepare for laser hair removal?
Before having treatment, you need to adequately prepare.
- You shouldn’t pluck your hair, wax, or have electrolysis treatment for at least six weeks prior to your treatment.
- You shouldn’t expose yourself to direct sunlight for six weeks prior to your treatment.
- You shouldn’t take blood-thinning medications.
- You shouldn’t apply any cream to the treatment area on the day of your treatment.
- You should lighten your skin if you have tan or darker skin. A bleaching cream recommended by your skin specialist should be used.
- You should shave or trim your hair a day before your treatment.
- You should keep the treatment area dry and clean right before your treatment.
Laser Hair Removal Procedure
During the procedure, you will first be given special goggles that you should wear to protect your eyes from the laser beam.
If the hairs on the treatment area have already grown above the skin, the hairs will be shaved off so that there’s no hair above your skin. A numbing topical anesthetic may be applied to your skin to prevent pain and make you comfortable throughout the treatment.
The laser device will be adjusted to suit the color and thickness of your skin and the treatment area. A cooling gel may be applied to your skin to protect the outer layers of your skin.
The technician will then press the laser device against your skin and activate the laser. The laser beam will then go through your skin into the hair follicles. The laser beam will be converted into heat which then destroys the hair follicles.
After the procedure
The treated area will be monitored for several minutes to make sure there are no adverse reactions. If you feel pain or discomfort, ice packs, anti-inflammatory creams, or lotions may be applied to your skin to soothe your skin.
There are certain aftercare instructions that you should follow. These include:
- You shouldn’t expose your skin to direct sunlight for at least 2 weeks following your treatment.
- You shouldn’t engage in exercise for at least 48 hours following your treatment.
- You shouldn’t apply makeup for at least 48 hours following your treatment.
- You shouldn’t apply pressure or scrub the treated area excessively for 4-5 days following your treatment.
- You shouldn’t apply perfumed products or bleaching cream for 48 hours following your treatment.
- You should avoid hot baths and hot showers for at least 48 hours following your treatment.
- You should avoid body contact with substances that contain chlorine, including swimming for 48 hours following your treatment.
- You should avoid heat treatments such as steam rooms and saunas for at least 7 days following your treatment.
- You shouldn’t scratch the treatment area.
- You shouldn’t wax, tweeze, or thread the treated area.
- You should apply aloe vera gel or calming creams to the treated area for 3 days following your treatment.
- You should wear loose clothes to avoid friction on the treated area for 48 hours following your treatment.
- You should always keep the treated area clean and dry.
- You should drink plenty of water to keep the treated area hydrated.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
- It is a safe and effective treatment to remove unwanted hair from specific parts of the body. It delays hair growth for a long period of time.
- It is a precise treatment that can target hairs without causing any harm to the surrounding skin.
- It is a quick treatment that can be completed in a few minutes.
- It is safe and doesn’t cause serious pain or complications.
Laser Hair Removal Side Effects
It is typically a safe treatment with minimal side effects. Side effects that may occur include:
- Redness of the skin or changes in skin color
- Skin irritation
- Skin crusting or blisters
- Injury to the eye if done around the eyes
- Skin infection
Cost of Laser Hair Removal Treatment in Dallas, TX
Laser Hair Removal Treatment costs vary depending on the treatment area, the number of treatments, the location, and the expertise of the provider.
The cost ranges from $200 to $500 per session. Multiple laser hair removal sessions are usually used to achieve the best results.
Is laser hair removal safe for the face?
Yes, it can be safely used on various parts of the face. Special goggles will be given to you to wear to protect your eyes before your treatment. Areas that are very close to your eyes are avoided.
Which parts of the body is laser hair removal not intended?
It is used to remove unwanted hair from specific parts of the body.
- It shouldn’t be used on areas very close to the eyes.
- It shouldn’t be used on skin with tattoos.
- It shouldn’t be used to remove the hair on the head.
Is laser hair removal permanent?
Results from treatment are not permanent but long-lasting. The concentrated laser beams only damage hair follicles but are not completely destroyed. Over time, the damaged hair follicles may heal and recover. Hair will start to grow back again when the hair follicles heal and recover.
It will take many years for the hair follicles to recover. Periodic maintenance treatments can prevent the hair follicles from recovering enough to allow hair growth.
Is laser hair removal safe?
It is completely safe and does not cause any adverse effects or complications. Avoid delicate and highly sensitive areas like the eyes. Minor side effects may occur but they usually resolve in a few hours.
Pros and Cons of Laser Hair Removal
Eliminates and delays hair growth
It completely removes all unwanted hair from the hair follicles. It delays the growth of hair and prevents you from shaving always.
Multiple areas of the body can be treated
This treatment can be used to remove unwanted hair from multiple areas of the body. It can be used to remove hair from the face, neck, underarms, back, arms and legs, bikini line, stomach, and armpit. Laser beams can cover large areas of the body very quickly.
It provides excellent results
It completely removes hair from the root and doesn’t cause any harm to the surrounding skin. The treated skin area will appear very smooth, unlike shaving which can cause your skin to appear rough.
It is painless
It is a painless treatment with no downtime. A topical numbing agent is usually first applied to the treatment area to prevent you from feeling pain.
It is a high-precision treatment. The laser beam precisely targets hairs without causing any damage to the surrounding skin.
It is a very fast procedure to remove unwanted hair. Each pulse of the laser beam can target a large area at the same time in a few seconds.
It is a low-cost treatment that is readily affordable. The average cost of a treatment session is just about $300. The results of treatment can last for years, unlike shaving or waxing where you need to have hair removed almost every week.
You need multiple sessions
Just one session of this treatment is usually not enough. You will likely need to have multiple treatment sessions for all the hairs to be removed completely. Each treatment is usually spaced out from the other by 4-6 weeks. This means that your treatment could take as long as 3 months to be completed.
You need to attend every session
You must not miss a session. You must attend every treatment session to get the best results. Going for every treatment session could become tasking and overwhelm for some people.
The treatment is less effective for dark-skinned individuals
It works best on people with fair skin with dark hair. The contrast between the skin color and the hair color allows the laser beam to easily target the hair. The treatment doesn’t work well on people with darker skin color because the pigment in dark skin competes with the hair follicle. The laser can’t easily target the hairs.
It could cause burns or scars on the skin, particularly if hairs are grown above the skin and they’re not shaved off before the treatment.
There are a few risks
There are a few risks of treatment that you may want to consider. These include skin redness, blistering, discoloration, irritation, swelling, and infection.
How many laser hair removal treatments are needed?
Only one treatment session is usually not enough to remove all unwanted hair. You may need multiple treatment sessions to completely remove all unwanted hair. Most people require 4-6 treatment sessions to completely damage the hair follicles and remove all unwanted hair.
What happens if you don’t shave before a treatment?
If you don’t shave before having a treatment, the laser beam will burn the hair above your skin. The hair could burn and extend to your skin, causing severe pain and scars. Not shaving also makes the treatment ineffective.
Is laser hair removal cancerous?
Laser hair removal doesn’t cause or increase your risk of cancer. In contrast, the laser beam can be used to kill certain forms of precancerous lesions.
Is laser hair removal worth the money?
Laser hair removal is safe and very effective in removing unwanted hair from specific parts of the body. It completely removed unwanted hair and prevents hair from growing back for many years. You don’t need to go to the salon weekly or use shaving sticks always after having a treatment. Laser hair removal provides longer-lasting results than shaving, tweezing, or waxing. It is worth every penny.
At what age is laser hair removal most effective?
There is no particular age that which treatment is most effective. The treatment is effective for everyone and at any age. It provides the same results for both young and older people.
Can laser hair removal damage reproductive organs?
It doesn’t damage reproductive organs. The laser beam is completely safe for both men and women. Women who want to have laser hair removal on their bikini area shouldn’t worry about any damage to their reproductive organs. The treatment is completely safe and doesn’t cause any damage to internal organs.
Does laser hair removal cause infertility?
No. Laser hair removal doesn’t cause infertility in both men or women. The laser beam is completely safe and doesn’t cause infertility
Why do I have stubble after laser hair removal?
The dead hairs that are being shed from the hair follicle after having laser hair removal treatment are known as stubble. They usually appear within 5-30 days after your treatment. After having laser hair removal treatment, hairs will not fall out immediately. The hair will start to fall out after some days.
What happens if you wait too long between laser hair removal?
If you wait for too long between your treatment sessions, your hair follicles will start to recover and won’t be completely damaged. Hair may start growing back since the hair follicles are not completely damaged.
Oasis Medspa & Laser Center: Best Medspa to get Laser Hair Removal in Dallas, TX
If you’re looking for the best medspa to get laser hair removal in Dallas, TX, we recommend that you contact us or book an appointment with us at Oasis Medspa & Laser Center.
Oasis Medspa & Laser Center is a renowned provider of various aesthetic, cosmetic, and wellness treatments in Dallas, TX.
We provide laser hair removal to clients using the newest and most innovative techniques. We help remove hair from areas of your body that you don’t want them. Our treatment provides long-lasting and even permanent results.
Your safety and satisfaction are our priority. Which is why we make you comfortable throughout your treatment. We are always available to listen to you and provide you with the very best services.